Voter Registration Deadlines
Registration Deadline - in person: 10/18/22
Registration Deadline - by mail: 10/18/22
Mail Registration Deadline Type: Postmarked
Registration Deadline - online: 10/18/22
Ballot Request Deadlines
Ballot Request Deadline - Mail: 11/1/22
Ballot Request Deadline - Online, Fax, Email: 11/1/22
Ballot Return Deadlines
Ballot Return Deadline - Mail: 11/8/22
Ballot Return By Mail Deadline Type: Postmarked
Ballot Return Deadline - Online, Fax, Email:
General Election InformationBallot Requests:
Request Mail Ballot: Received by 8 PM, November 1, 2022 Request Faxed Ballot: Received by 11:59 PM, November 1, 2022 Request Email/Online Ballot: Received by 11:59 PM, November 4, 2022
Poll Volunteer Information
Poll Worker Additional Information
What is an election judge?
An election judge plays a very important role in the election process. Election judges work as a team to ensure a fair and accessible election.
Election judges are trained before election day. They report about one hour before the polls open and serve until all duties are completed after the polls close.
Why should you be an election judge?
- You get paid
- You help voters
- You are involved in the election process
Who can be an election judge?
Under Maryland law, you can serve as an election judge if you are:
- Age 16 or older*;
- Are a registered voter in Maryland;
- Physically and mentally able to work at least a 15-hour day;
- Willing to work outside your home precinct;
- Able to sit and/or stand for an extended period; and
- Can speak, read, and write English.
* If you are 16 years old, you may be able to serve if you show your local board of elections that you are qualified to be an election judge and a parent or guardian gives permission.
NOTE: Some positions require election judges to be able to lift boxes and other items weighing 10 to 25 lbs.
You cannot be an election judge and a:
- Candidate or currently hold a public or political office, including State and county political party central committees, or
- Chairman, campaign manager or treasurer for a political or candidate committee