Voter Registration Deadlines
Registration Deadline - in person: 10/18/22
Registration Deadline - by mail: 10/18/22
Mail Registration Deadline Type: Received
Registration Deadline - online: 10/18/22
Ballot Request Deadlines
Ballot Request Deadline - Mail: 11/2/22
Ballot Request Deadline - Online, Fax, Email:
Ballot Return Deadlines
Ballot Return Deadline - Mail: 11/14/22
Ballot Return By Mail Deadline Type: Received
Ballot Return Deadline - Online, Fax, Email: 11/8/22
General Election Information
Poll Volunteer Information
Poll Worker Additional InformationPoll workers play a critical role in ensuring free, fair and accessible elections.
In West Virginia, county executive committees provide the names of persons nominated to work the polls before each election. When nominated poll workers “call off” for any reason, such as the pandemic, county clerks’ offices must appoint alternates to fill the vacancies before Election Day. After learning from other states ahead of the 2020 primary election, West Virginia’s “Elective Service” campaign kicked-off to recruit alternate poll workers.
To serve as a poll worker, you must
- Be registered to vote in your county. Check your registration, update your registration, or register to vote for the first time any time at GoVoteWV.com;
- Be able to read and write the English language;
- Attend training; and
- Be available to work all of Election Day.
You may not serve as a poll worker if:
- You are candidate on the ballot or an official write-in candidate in the election.
- You are the parent, child, sibling, or spouse of a candidate on the ballot or an official write-in candidate.
- You are prohibited from serving as an election official due to any other laws or disqualifications.
Poll watchers are not permitted in the polling places; it is the responsibility of the election officials to challenge voters.